Monday, March 17, 2014

My Health

  •  eat healthy
  • get active
  • quit smoking [or other degenerative habits]
  • reduce stress.

of the three categories of 'MSP'- My Health, My Life, My Planet, i believe that My Health is the best place to start. remember that age old saying "be the change you want to see in the world"? i know it sounds so cliché, but it's true. if you wanna see it, you have to be it!

there are so many changes that i would love to see in the world.. that i'm sure many of us would like to see. so where do we start? in my opinion the best place is not only at home, but within your body, mind and spirit. start where you are, with what you have access to. building healthier eating habits can give us control over our own health, have a positive impact on our local economy, and potentially even save the planet.. that's right! something as simple as being more conscious of what you're nourishing your body with can have an impact on the world around you and the life you live. remember, you are what you eat! ...literally!

this simple idea of "be the change" is what has inspired my 'MSP' for 2014: eat healthy. i made an attempt at other focus areas of My Health in 2013 such as 'get active' and 'reduce stress'. i discovered after a year long battle that these two goals are nearly impossible for me to achieve without first adding in healthy habits and food choices, and breaking unhealthy habits such as smoking or an excessive/daily intake or reliance on caffeine.


my mission as far as My Health goes, is to continue to learn about nutrition and the human body, and how to 'listen' to my own bodily responses to the things that i eat and expose myself to. my goals for 2014 include losing weight, improving strength, and establishing a healthier long term diet after giving my degestive system a much needed rest. sounds like a huge task, but the outcome of better overall health is worth the effort.

follow my blog The Sage Thrive Challenge for updates on my personal journey to better health!


What's your MSP?


  • could i be making healthier food choices?
  • do i get enough exercise?
  • are there any habits standing in the way of my optimal health?
  • what is causing me continual stress, and what can i do about it?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment